Sonja

Moderator: Sonja

Paucle

Sonja

Post by Paucle »

Hey TI-ers,

The last question Sonja answered rolled on 3/9. I know she'd been ailing lately and was in fact under the aegis of hospice. Our last few PM convos on FB were not exactly optimistic.
I've sent her two unreturned msgs on FB.

Soooo.... ?? Let's hope it's just a case of her treatment rendering her incomputercado.
Paul
Groucho

Re: Sonja

Post by Groucho »

I hope she continues to respond well to the treatment she is receiving.She will be in our thoughts at this very critical moment.
Justme

Post by Justme »

I have e-mailed her again but no answer.
Charlene

Post by Charlene »

I looked at her FB page. Sonja has a niece and a couple of nephews as friends...think we could ask them?
Paucle

Post by Paucle »

I've been in touch with Donna, Sonja's daughter, and I'm sad to report that Sonja passed on Tuesday.
We'd been keeping in touch via FB pm, comparing health reports. I was amazed to find someone doing worse than I was. I knew it was extra serious when she mentioned she'd given Adam a name to pass her board tools onto.

Not a happy day for TI.
Paul
Justme

Post by Justme »

I am so sad to hear that. Sonja had been in the same cities as I was in during WWii and we had had many interesting e-mails about those days. She had told me three weeks ago that the doctors had given her 2 to 3 weeks but asked me not to say anything. She had cancer everywhere.....sad sad day for TI.
Charlene

Post by Charlene »

An angel to watch over us...RIP, Sonja.
Paucle

Post by Paucle »

BTW Charlene, thanks for the idea of reaching out to her FB friends. I got lucky in that the first one I tried was her daughter. Not only that, but she'd been there (from the U.K.) since January taking care of her.
Paul
Groucho

Post by Groucho »

Although I did not know Sonja personally,my simpathy extends to her immediate family.
Phil F

Post by Phil F »

Sonja will be missed, I have not talked to her for several months but I knew she was sick. M condolences to her family.

Phil
Phil