Current Trivia Ink player with a personal association.

Moderator: Sonja

Groucho

Current Trivia Ink player with a personal association.

Post by Groucho »

I am interested to know about your personal association with the subjects of the question.
Don

Re: Current Trivia Ink player with a personal association.

Post by Don »

Explanations? Sure!

The tire marks: part of My Cousin Vinny, my favorite comedy.

My wife, a lover of the state of Maine (where tourmalines are mined), requested and received a tourmaline instead of a diamond for her engagement ring.

Murray Garrett, the Marlon Brando photographer, is the uncle of the co-worker who sat next to me for three years.

William Walker, the Metropolitan Opera baritone who sang in The Naked Carmen, had children who were my swimming teammates in San Antonio, TX. (I met Mr. Walker the day after he appeared on Johnny Carson’s Tonight Show when he came by the pool to pick up his kids after swim practice.)

The diver, Donnie Vick, trained at the same pool where my brothers and I trained as swimmers when he was in high school. He was good friends with a couple of my brothers.

My first college degree is a B.A. from Columbia University. (I was a four-year letterman as a swimmer there in the late 1970s.)

Seguin, site of the pecan sculpture, was the largest town near my late parents’ retirement home, out in the country in south-central Texas. Whenever my parents needed groceries or medical check-ups, Seguin was where they went.

If and when other players return, maybe we should suggest that they ask a series of questions based on their personal experiences and (as I’ve done here, at your request) explain the personal experiences. It’d be an interesting way to learn more about each other.
Groucho

Re: Current Trivia Ink player with a personal association.

Post by Groucho »

What an interesting account. I agree that if other Trivia Ink players return,they too can share their experiences via trivia questions. Thank you Don,for taking the time to go through all your questions and explain how they relate to your personal experiences.