Forklift driver at a London warehouse.

Moderator: Sonja

Julie-O-Yeah

Forklift driver at a London warehouse.

Post by Julie-O-Yeah »

Although the question rolled a while back, I have been trying to find a source that says Pete Best ended up driving a forklift in a warehouse. I've found where he once loaded bread onto trucks. Is there something I'm missing? Everything I've found points to Tommy Moore. I'm trying to get better at this, so any advice would be appreciated.

Julie-O-Yeah
quimboat

Re: Forklift driver at a London warehouse.

Post by quimboat »

Julie,

I seem to recall reading that Pete Best had opened a bakery. But maybe in the process of historical revisionism that got conflated with loading bread onto trucks. Either way, I never heard anywhere that he was a forklift driver, so I'm with you.
Staley

Post by Staley »

People who load things on trucks often drive forklifts to do it.
Julie-O-Yeah

Post by Julie-O-Yeah »

A forklift for a bakery? Maybe it was POUND cakes.... j/k

Julie-O-Yeah
Staley

Post by Staley »

If it was an industrial type bakery, they would definitely use forklifts. This discussion takes me back to when every 1st-3rd grade schoolchild in Austin got to go to the Butterkrust bakery every year and see the thousands of loaves of bread moving down the conveyor belts.
Julie-O-Yeah

Post by Julie-O-Yeah »

I agree, if it was a big bread facility. But there were only a few trivia sites that had Pete Best as a forklift driver, many other sites referenced Tommy Moore as the person who ended up driving a forklift. Same thing with the Bedrock TV station. Just as many sites listed the answer as a radio station. In the past, I've been ribbed about how much I pound out answers, but the chase is still fun. Staley, are you still in TX?
Staley

Post by Staley »

I am. Back in the Austin area now.

In regards to the question, I have to admit I didn't research it at all--I just guessed Pete Best because the "most famous in the world" part took me directly to the Beatles.